We are currently still building up the English documentation; not all sections have been translated yet. Please note that there may still be German screenshots or links to German pages even on pages that have already been translated. This guide mostly addresses English speaking users in Germany.
Checking the shelf life expiration date (SLED)
Your task/initial situation
Managing the shelf life expiration date
In general, you must decide when creating an item, whether it should have a shelf life expiration date. The Inventory management active check box needs to be ticked for this. Once stock is available for an item, it is no longer possible to change the Shelf life expiration date option. However, changing the option is possible when the stock is 0.
- Click on the Items icon to go to item management in JTL-Wawi.
- Navigate via the category structure to the item whose shelf life expiration date you want to manage and open the Item master data by double-clicking.
- In the tab General, select the tab Warehouse options in the lower left area.
- Activate the option Shelf life expiration date.
As soon as you post a goods receipt for the item with a shelf life expiration date, you must always specify the shelf life expiration date.
Checking shelf life expiration dates
In JTL-Wawi, you can view a list of all items with a shelf life expiration date, so you can check which items are about to expire.
- Go to the menu Item > Shelf life expiration date (SLED) and open the dialogue box Checking shelf life expiration date (SLED). In this dialogue box, the items that are about to expire are highlighted in a specific colour.
- Aktivieren Sie die Checkbox Alle Mindesthaltbarkeitsdaten, die in den nächsten, bestimmen Sie die Anzahl an Tagen und wählen Sie über das Dropdown-Menü Ablaufen oder Noch haltbar. This allows you to define the display.
- If required, you can also select the Category and the Warehouse of the items via the drop-down menu.
You will see an overview of the items that are about to expire or have already expired. Read more about the details of the Checking the shelf life expiration date (SLED) dialogue box.